Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
OtmaneElouadoudi
New Contributor

FortiGate Trusted Certificate SSL

Hi guys,

I obtained a certificate from Let's Encrypt fro my subdomain fortigate.mydomain.com, but when I attempted to use it, it displayed as an untrusted certificate.

letsencrypt.png

How can I obtain a trusted SSL certificate for inspection purposes, and is it possible to use a web server certificate for SSL inspection?

5 REPLIES 5
pbangari
Staff
Staff
OtmaneElouadoudi

thanks pbangari, but that's not what i m looking for. I want a valid certificate from a trusted CA not self sing certificate.

abarushka
Staff
Staff

Hello,

Public CAs will not issue certificate (CA: true) which can be used for deep inspection for security reasons except VIP / virtual server.

You may consider to use built-in certificate (CA: true) or generate self-signed certificate (CA: true) which can be used for deep inspection.

Here is similar discussion:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/quot-CA-TRUE-quot-certificate-for-deep-inspection-wh...

FortiGate
OtmaneElouadoudi

Hi @abarushka,

I manage a large network that runs on various operating systems, and it can be challenging to install certificates on these systems.

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @OtmaneElouadoudi,

Can you make sure that fortigate.mydomain.com resolves to the correct IP address of the FortiGate? The problem is when using Let's Encrypt, you can't add multiple SAN in the certificate which means it'll only match IP address that resolves from fortigate.mydomain.com. 

Regards, 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors