Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mc4dams
New Contributor

FortiGate 40F Temperature

I have a few F40F's and FS108's that are at remote sites that do not have dedicated AC / HVAC and the Firewalls run between 120-170 degrees and the switches run at 110-140 degrees. I'm wondering what impact this will have on the gear in the long run and what the operating temperatures of other peoples gear is?

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello mc4dams,

I have found this document:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.0.0/best-practices/107446/environmental-specification....

Could you please tell me if it is replying to your question?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
melaniearnold
New Contributor

Even though it's been a year since the original post, the information might still be relevant for others who come across the thread. So, let's address your concerns about the temperatures of your FortiGate 40F and FS108 switches. Operating your equipment at such high temperatures can indeed have long-term effects. It's important to ensure that your gear stays within the manufacturer's recommended temperature range to avoid performance issues and potential damage. If you're still facing the same temperature challenges, it might be a good idea to consider cooling solutions such as portable air conditioning units. You can also reach out to an HVAC contractor in your area, like home ac repair in Riverview, FL. Remember, keeping your equipment cool is crucial for optimal performance and longevity.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors