Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
LOZD
New Contributor

FortiGate 30E Slow connection via NAT

Hey!

I need some advice from you guys on where to look for the problem.

The network diagram looks like this

WORLD -> FG30E ->2x MikroTik -> 3xESXI 1xNAS

Testing the link from FG -> WAN Using the command diag traffictest run -R -c 45.147.210.189 port 5200 I am getting speeds from 600 to 900 Mbits/sec so let's say its OK

Then I test the connection speed between the FG30E nad Debian Server. I set up iperf3 on a debian server and connect to it from FG30E In this case I get speeds from 916Mb/s to 950Mb/s, so MikroTik switches don't slow down the link

In the last step I make iperf3 from the Debian server to the same address as the test with FG30

I have speeds between 4 and 6 Mbps....

I also tested the speed from a NAS server which is not virtual, the same thing happens...

Where to look for the problem because I have no idea anymore....

6 REPLIES 6
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Lozd

• Which FortiOS version?
  • Do  you have any configured traffic shaping policy
  • Do you notice CPU high load when you perform the test
  • Can you just try the same test but when disabling all security profiles on the related policy (AV, IPS, Cert inspection, ...)
AEK
AEK
LOZD
New Contributor

Which FortiOS version?

Do you have any configured traffic shaping policy
No

Do you notice CPU high load when you perform the test
Max 8%

Can you just try the same test but when disabling all security profiles on the related policy (AV, IPS, Cert inspection, ...)

I don't have any policies enabled. The device is already unsupported and I ran it in the lab for virtual machine testing

johnathan
Staff
Staff

There is a known issue on the 30Es which match that behavior being tracked under Bug ID 729975.
If you can see packet loss while pinging the LAN interface and directly connected, there is a good chance you are hitting this bug. I would open a case with TAC for this.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
LOZD
New Contributor

Packet loss at 2.5% (test was very short)

Unfortunately we have not purchased support for 30E devices we treat them as Lab equipment

johnathan

You are probably hitting the issue then. Unfortunately there is nothing config-wise that can solve it. I am not sure if you can ask for an RMA without a support contract.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
LOZD
New Contributor

Do you know ? if it is possible to get the serial numbers of the devices on which this problem occurs?

To be honest I have about 20 pieces of 30E maybe I can choose the one that is OK

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors