Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ericw
New Contributor III

FortiFone Dialing Delay

Is there a way to increase the time between a pause during dialing and the phone automatically dialing the numbers already entered? For example, I want to dial a phone number, I start dialing XXX-XXX then pause to look at the last 4 digits, if I pause too long the phone attempts to dial the first 6 digits I entered instead of waiting just a few more seconds for me to enter the last 4 digits.

1 Solution
ericw
New Contributor III

Thank you, Farina, for pointing me in the right direction. I found the proper setting in the FV100E to be the "Digit map pause timer" setting under "Phone System | Profile | Phone", then editing the profile for the particular phones being used.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FarinaAhmed
New Contributor III

To increase the time between pauses during dialing on a FortiFone, adjust the interdigit timeout setting in the phone's web interface. Increase the timeout value to allow more time before the phone automatically dials the entered digits. Refer to the product documentation or contact Fortinet support for specific instructions based on your FortiFone model.

Farina Ahmed
Farina Ahmed
ericw
New Contributor III

Thank you, Farina, for pointing me in the right direction. I found the proper setting in the FV100E to be the "Digit map pause timer" setting under "Phone System | Profile | Phone", then editing the profile for the particular phones being used.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors