Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
veechee
New Contributor

FortiCloud license questions

I was just reading the datasheet for FortiCloud (http://www.fortinet.com/sites/default/files/productdatasheets/FortiCloud.pdf) and have some license questions. 1. There are two different SKUs offered: FC-10-90801-131-02-12 and FCL-10-90801-131-02-12. What is the difference? 2. " An unlimited number of devices can be added to an individual subscription and each device is allocated 200 GB of log storage. The service is very simple to enable through your FortiGate console or GUI." Does this mean I only need to purchase ONE FortiCloud license? On reseller sites I see the SKUs described as being " for one device" .
2 REPLIES 2
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi not 100% sure but I understand the two sentence in following way: 1-year FortiCloud service with up to 200 GB storage for a single FortiGate device (activate with scratch-off card on device) FCL-10-90801-131-02-12 1-year FortiCloud service with up to 200 GB storage for a single FortiGate device (activate with reseller contract on portal) FC-FC-10-90801-131-02-12 Reseller contracts means for me " Partner Contract" which means the FC-FC-10-90801-131-02-12 can only be ordered for a reseller which has a " Partner Contract" (Bronze, Silver, Gold etc). The SKU has to be entered within Partner Portal (not on device). If this is done the Partner can use this SKU/Contract to add device to his FortiCloud Account. My opinion is: If you looking only for log storage meaning easy nothing special etc. ok you can use FortiCloud but be aware it is really limited. If you need logging special for one and more device or as a service to your customers use FAZ (FortiAnalyzer). You can install it on VMware it is easy installed and easy configured and no more problems with Disk, Flash crashes on heavy logging etc. Hope this helps have fun Andrea
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi I had the chance to talk about this licens FC/FCL to some forti guys. The license is the same but the kind of the art they are registered is different meaning as mentioned on the SKU one is to be activated on device and the other one is activated within the portal. As of information I received both license is for the same no additional functions or whatever. hope this helps have fun Andrea
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors