Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Thorne
New Contributor

FortiClientVPN iOS SSO for VPN version 7.2.3.0123

We have VPN setup with SSO working great on computers.

On iPhones/iPads we have tried the free FortiClientVPN version 7.2.3.0123 and it will ask for user and password then MFA.

Once MFA is entered the screen goes white and VPN will NOT connect.

We installed the paid version of FortiClient. We setup the VPN and everything works when we connect to the VPN.

When the trial expired on the paid FortiClient we uninstalled it.

We opened the free FortiClientVPN and it started working.

We took another iPhone and installed the free FortiClientVPN and it did the white screen and would not connect.

We installed the paid FortiClient setup VPN and it connected.

Uninstalled the paid version and the free FortiClientVPN started working.

My question is what is the paid version changing that makes the free version work?  Can I make that change without needing to go through the trial on the paid version?

Is this still going to work after the FortiClient gets an update?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Thorne,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Thorne,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Thorne

Anthony,

We have investigated some more and it appears we need to remove all Fortinet applications from the iPhone/iPads, delete all VPN settings, reboot the device then install the latest FortiClientVPN setup VPN for our FW and it will connect.
I am not sure why we need to remove all Fortinet apps and delete all VPNs to get it to work but we have been able to get it to work doing this without needing to download the paid version.

This method still requires hands on to fix but, we have all our users that need VPN setup now.

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you Thorne!

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors