Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SupportLibraICT
New Contributor

FortiClient not connecting from iMac

Hello,

A client from us is having problems with connecting via FortiClient to a FortiGate firewall.

Unfortunately, Fortinet wouldn't support me on the phone so hopefully you guys can help out.

I have an installation of FortiClient on an iMac and when I try to connect with the FortiGate, it will not connect.

When trying this from a Windows machine with the same credentials, there is no problem.

Can you guys help out with this? Thanks in advance.

1 Solution
leejohnc
New Contributor II

None of that works.  Apparently there is a compatibility issue that recently got introduced with macOS Monterey 12.0.1 through 12.2.1.  It is impacting our users where 6.9 and newer versions of the client are installed.  Reverting to version 6.4.6 works.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
leejohnc
New Contributor II

I'm having a similar problem.  Version 7.0.3, I keep getting prompted to allow fortitray, but it does not show up in the Security and Privacy panel.  Backing out to a prior version the authentication works, but it simply does not connect.

I have permitted full disk access to Fortinet in the Security and Privacy Panel, still no go

FortiClient.jpg

Permission_required_for_VPN_and_Security___Privacy_and_FortiClient_and_Chang__Wilson___Microsoft_Teams.jpg

leejohnc
New Contributor II

I reinstalled fortclient 7.0.2, I get further, but it immediately and quietly disconnects with no error message at all

leejohnc
New Contributor II

The ZTNA pay for version worked as mentioned here.  Now why won't the free version work?

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Fortinet-Forum/How-to-make-connection-to-use-Apple-Remote-Desktop-...

btan
Staff
Staff
leejohnc
New Contributor II

None of that works.  Apparently there is a compatibility issue that recently got introduced with macOS Monterey 12.0.1 through 12.2.1.  It is impacting our users where 6.9 and newer versions of the client are installed.  Reverting to version 6.4.6 works.

SupportLibraICT

Thanks for that! This has solved the issue. Reverted to the previous version and worked first try.

btan
Staff
Staff

This is interesting. MacOS 12.0+ is not listed in supported OS in FCT 6.4.6:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/6.4.6/macos-release-notes/471180/product-integration-...

Not sure if this is affecting multiple users machine or only a few specific machines.

macOS has more issue when it comes to compatibility for each new version release.
Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Regards,
Bon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors