Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
joshuat11
New Contributor

FortiClient locked on Mac

I installed the free FortiClient VPN agent on my mac and it has a small lock icon on it.  I need to uninstall and start over with this because it is not properly installed.  Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

Have tried the methods suggested in https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-uninstall-FortiClient-on-macOS/ta-p...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

FortinetVictim
New Contributor

Provided methods are not uptodate and should be updated. Those are not working 

neilweinstock
New Contributor

I am having the same problem and it is slowly driving me mad.  Methods described elsewhere have not worked.  After previous removal attempts, the app is down to zero bytes and only contains an empty Contents folder.

Here is the Get Info:

getinfo.png

Same story for FortiClientUninstaller.app.

I have removed all other traces of the software from my machine, killed all related processes, rebooted, tried every possible variation of rm command.  Incredibly frustrating. 

neilweinstock
New Contributor

Fun followup: I reinstalled FortiClient VPN and it is now working correctly... It's still showing as the same locked folder, and I can't remove it, which bugs me.  If I could remove it completely and then reinstall that would be great.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors