Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
JG-Lukas
New Contributor

FortiClient ipsec VPN over DS-Lite

Hello everyone,

I'm kind of curius at this point if there is any solution to this problem:

I have a Fortigate 60f (v7.0.10) setup to handle my ipsec VPN connections. There are site to site and end to site tunnels configured and working. The Fortigate is directly connected to the internet with a public IPv Adress.

One of the end to site VPN's is using the old Shrew Soft VPN Client and I want to switch to FortiClient. After a few frustrating failed tries to set up the tunnel I realized all the internet connections I tried used DS-Lite. When I connected my notebook with the FortiClient (v7.0.7.0345) installed over the SIM card it immediatly worked.

I saw for SSL VPN there is an extra configuration implemented to accept sessions over DS-Lite https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.4/administration-guide/766455/dual-stack-ipv4-and-i... .

Is there anything similar for ipsec VPN's or am I missing something?

The config which worked with FortiClient over the SIM card was installed over the wizard with the template "Remote Access", "Client-based", "FortiClient".

If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks

Lukas

3 REPLIES 3
adambomb1219
Contributor III

What is DS-Lite?

StefanH

Dual Stack Lite (DS-Lite) is an IPv6 transition solution for ISPs with IPv6 infrastructure to connect their IPv4 subscribers to the Internet.
DS-Lite uses IPv4-to-IPv6 tunneling to send a subscriber's IPv4 packet to the ISP through a tunnel in the IPv6 access network.

gfleming
Staff
Staff

Sounds like it might be a NAT issue? Check your VPN settings. For NAT Configuration, select The remote site is behind NAT.

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors