Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
atsy
New Contributor

FortiClient VPN permission error on MacOS

I've installed FortiClient VPN only version and gave it full-disk and VPN permissions (to both: FortiClient.app and fctservctl2).

But when I try to connect to a VPN, it shows me an error: "To connect to a VPN with FortiClient, open Security & Privacy Settings and allow system software from FortiTray.". I've wanted to try to add FortiTray.app to the whitelist as well, but I cannot do it since it's located inside the FortiClient.app package.

How do I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @atsy ,

Did you do VPN step from this document?

You need to go System Preferences > Security & Privacy and allow FortiTray app

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.2.4/macos-release-notes/223986/special-notices

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
atsy

Hi @ozkanaltas,

I've tried re-installing the app multiple times in order to do it, but this prompt never appeared

ozkanaltas

Hello @atsy ,

Reinstall the FortiClient can't solve your problem. You need to click allow button on this screen. 

image.png

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
atsy

Security & Privacy page looks like this on my laptop and I've never got this prompt, as I mentioned earlier.

bKpwWMh

ozkanaltas

Hi @atsy ,

In my opinion, it's related to macOS Sonoma. The same problem happened to another user and the problem was solved in this way.  Can you try it like that? 

So I tried the following:
- Close forticlient from the taskbar
- Delete the files from Library/LaunchDaemons
- Delete the files from Library/Application Support/Fortinet
- Uninstall forticlient using forticlientuninstaller.app
- Reboot the computer
- Install Forti client 7.2.2.0776

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Forticlient-7-2-2-Mac-OS-14-Sonoma/td-p/288341

atsy

I actually had Ventura, but I tried that on Ventura, then updated to Sonoma and tried that again, didn't work in both cases, still getting the same error.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors