Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pier21
New Contributor

FortiClient IPSec VPN keeps connecting to a wrong remote IP

Hi There,

I just installed a FortiClient on a Win11. After configuring a IPSec VPN, I tried to connect it, but it connected to a different remote IP from what I input. (I checked it on Resource Monitor)

Our FortiGate gateway IP should be 72.x.x.x, which is what I input on the IPSec connection, but the IPs it connected were 172.67.x.x and 104.x.x.x. (I re-created the IPSec profile once, so the IP changed after re-creating profile)

It's so weird. Only on that laptop, and our other computers are all good. Any one had the similar experience? Thanks.

Daniel

3 REPLIES 3
jdelafuente_FTNT

Access to your support.fortinet.com, downloads, Forticlient, and download removal tool, execute with admin privilegies and reinstall FCT.

Also, export logs and configuration to check it here.

Jonathan De La Fuente | LATAM TAC Engineer
pier21

Many thanks, Jonathan. I will ask the user to bring the laptop to try again with your advice. Hope it will work. :)

hbac
Staff
Staff

Hi @pier21,

What is the FortiClient version? Have you tried a different version? Do you also see the wrong remote IP in the FortiClient logs? Please refer to https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiClient/Technical-Tip-How-to-enable-debug-log-in-FortiClient/t...

Regards, 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors