Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
c-j
New Contributor II

FortiClient/EMS

When we have Forticlient Zero Trust Telemetry enabled (Centrally Managed by EMS), our web downloads are intermittent. Sometimes files download, other times we get a network download error message saying, "couldn't download - network issue". If I disable the Centrally Managed by EMS, the download works fine. It does not seem like a size issue as sometimes larger downloads work fine and other time not. Including smaller file size. I had reached out to Fortinet support and they found the following:  "We found that when "Block Known Communication Channels Used by Attackers" is enabled, download is failed.". After further review they said "IPS catches network traffic correctly."

"Hence as a workaround to allow the download, you can disable "Block Known Communication Channels Used by Attackers". They also said "This was reported to development team. However, at the moment IPS signature exclusion is not a feature."

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am not wanting to disable Block known communication channels used by attackers.

I would interested in seeing if other have had this issue and what they did to solve this issue. We are running 7.0.7 #ems and client

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello c-j,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello c-j,

Could you please try to update your FortiClient t the newest version?:

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/e4a06399-a65c-11e8-8784-005056...

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors