Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MG4
New Contributor

FortiClient - Change Log Level Access

Is there an Option in the FortiClient Endpoint Management Server to allow users to change the Log Level on their own?

grafik.png

I have seen a post about the same issue but the answer didn't help. Even after changeing the System Settings of the Profiles. It was still greyed out.

grafik.png

And yes, the right Profile is used for the Policy.

3 REPLIES 3
Tahsin
New Contributor II

Hi MG4,

If you manage your forticlient with FortiEMS. You can change log level in fortiEMS.You should go endpoint profiles>system settings>log>level

You can see this settings in I attached attachment too

If you didn't manage your Forticlient with FortiEMS.When you click unlock settings.Log level will be available for changing. You can see this settings in I attached attachment too

EMSEMS

ForticlientForticlient

Forticlient_Screenshoot2.png

If my writings have helped you find a solution. Please like so that others can easily access it as well.
TahsinCabuk
If my writings have helped you find a solution. Please like so that others can easily access it as well.TahsinCabuk
MG4
New Contributor

Hi Tahsin,

so FortiClients that are managed with EMS can't change their Log Level on their own then? When we want to for example debug the FortiClient on one device, we would have to put it into a new Policy with the different log level.

brian_davis
New Contributor

You can only manage the settings from within EMS if its an EMS managed client.  You will need to copy the policy if you want to modify logging on just 1 device for instance.  Assign profile with higher priority, possibly to a new Group with just that device..

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors