Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FortiNet_Newb
Contributor

FortiClient 7.2.3 not available for download in FortiClient EMS 7.2.3

I upgraded our FortiClient EMS server from 7.2.2 to 7.2.3 on Friday, but the new FortiClient 7.2.3 patch is not available to push out to clients even though "Keep updated to the latest patch" is selected for the deployment package.  I know I could create a custom installer and manually download the new client, but I haven't had to do this previously.

Previously, I would receive an email notification from EMS that a new FortiClient version was available, I would be able to see the new patch in the deployment selection list, enable auto update, and all endpoints configured for that deployment package would update.

This time around, I just happened to notice FortiClient 7.2.3 was released on the website, so I upgraded EMS to 7.2.3 and expected FortiClient 7.2.3 to be included as a deployment patch option to select, but it isn't.  It's been 3 days now and EMS still hasn't downloaded FC 7.2.3.  Am I just jumping the gun, and FortiNet has not yet made it available on the distribution servers?  Is there a way to force EMS to sync with the distribution servers so that the new client is availbale in EMS to select?

Thanks.

1 Solution
div08
Staff
Staff

It has been Uploaded today , You should be download now.  To avoid automatic update during holidays it was halted for few days.

Senior Solutions Engineer

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FortiMax_it
Contributor

Hi, usually the package with the new Forticlient arrives on the servers a week after the release. Wait a few days and you will see that the notification will arrive on the server. Otherwise, download the 64 and 32 bit version from the site and perform a "Custum installation" in the server which is the same thing.

VelirIT
New Contributor II

I am having this same issue. I have been on EMS 7.2.3 build 0949 for a while now, and FortiClient 7.2.3 is not available. I don't like just defaulting to doing it manually without understanding why it didn't happen on it's own, as there could be a good reason it wasn't released this way. I am anxious to test 7.2.3 because 7.2.2 seems to not remember login credentials at all, where previous versions would allow you to reconnect freely until it had been 24 hours.

div08
Staff
Staff

It has been Uploaded today , You should be download now.  To avoid automatic update during holidays it was halted for few days.

Senior Solutions Engineer
VelirIT
New Contributor II

That makes sense, and I DO have it now. Thank you for your attention to this question.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors