Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Gunna
New Contributor

FortiClient 7.0.9.xxxx VPN - deploying registry settings wont connect

I am attempting to deploy the free FortiClientVPN via Intune without EMS.

I have deployed the individual registry keys via powershell using the new-item cmdlet with the DATA1 and DATA3 keys empty

Any deployed client will not connect to the VPN server. If i delete the profile within FortiClient and recreate it the client connects and I am prompted for EntraID credentials, the only difference I can see if that DATA1 key gets populated. I have tried deploying the registry settings without the DATA1 and DATA3 keys without success. I have tried deploying the keys then the client software but it still will not connect.

I am assuming this DATA1 value is supposed to be unique to each machine so what's the work around or can I deploy the same value to all machines?

Edit: Found a solution. Install the ForticlientVPN on a machine and create a VPN profile. Open regedit on this machine and find the VPN config in the registry under the Software\fortinet tree. Clear the DATA1 key of it's value and export the SSL VPN config as a .reg

Now import that .reg file as part of your installation process. I am not sure what is different to manually creating the keys but it works

1 Solution
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Found a solution. Install the ForticlientVPN on a machine and create a VPN profile. Open regedit on this machine and find the VPN config in the registry under the Software\fortinet tree. Clear the DATA1 key of it's value and export the SSL VPN config as a .reg

Now import that .reg file as part of your installation process. I am not sure what is different to manually creating the keys but it works

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gunna,

Thanks a lot for the solution provided! I have put it as a solution in a reply.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Found a solution. Install the ForticlientVPN on a machine and create a VPN profile. Open regedit on this machine and find the VPN config in the registry under the Software\fortinet tree. Clear the DATA1 key of it's value and export the SSL VPN config as a .reg

WSSE_IT

Where can I find the DATA1 entry in the registry? I don't see such an entry in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Fortinet\FortiClient branch.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors