Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Adam_Rimsky
Staff
Staff

FortiAuthenticator - licensing of TACACS service for client defined as a subnet.

Hello team. Could you please help me to clarify the FAC licensing of TACACS service? The documentation for VM says that Radius/Tacacs clients are licensed as user licenses/3. I would like to define a single Tacacs client as a subnet /14. Will be consumed just a single license for all network devices which act as Tacacs clients in the /14 subnet (I am fine with just FAC BASE SKU) or do we need a single license for each network device (500 network devices so 1500 users licenses)? Thank you very much.
1 Solution
pminarik
Staff
Staff

The licensing limits set the maximum number of objects in various configuration tables. A single TACACS+ server object covering and entire /24, or /14, will count as one object.

[ corrections always welcome ]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pminarik
Staff
Staff

The licensing limits set the maximum number of objects in various configuration tables. A single TACACS+ server object covering and entire /24, or /14, will count as one object.

[ corrections always welcome ]
Adam_Rimsky
Staff
Staff

Thank you, Pavel.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors