Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
SkeletonManGabe
New Contributor III

FortiAuthenticator + Citrix XenApp Published Applications

I'm having issues with Citrix XenApp published applications launching with the FortiAuthenticator agent installed on the XenApp server. I can launch XenApp published desktops just fine and get prompted for my OTP as expected but it will attempt to launch the published application and just close out before ever getting to a login prompt. Without the FortiAuthenticator agent installed on the XenApp 2019 server, I can launch published applications no problem so it's definitely something to do with a setting that needs modifying or something with FortiAuthenticator installed. The version of my agent is 5.2.

I've done this setup with version 3.2 of the agent on my old 2012r2 XenApp environment perfectly fine with no issues. 

Has anyone run into this issue before that can provide any guidance? Thanks in advance for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Markus_M
Staff
Staff

Hi SkeletonManGabe,

the old environment worked fine, I guess the new is basically the same, but the XenApp and FAC Agents are having different versions, correct?

Check with the installation folder of the agent, it has logs that are often useful. Typically, reproduce the issue, note down the timestamp when this occurred, and then search the logs around that timestamp. The FAC agent, after authentication, should contact the FortiAuthenticator via restAPI, and I'm not sure whether it even comes to that.

Best regards,

Markus 

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors