Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
djcarrington
New Contributor

FortiAnalyzer report of FortiClient application names blocks

I would like to create a custom report showing the application being blocked on our FortiClients.

Our Forticlients are successfully uploading their logs to the FortiAnalyzer.

FortiView/Security/FortiClient/Traffic log shows application name in the Security Event List field. 

However I do not know how to add that information to a dataset.

I found a canned dataset "fct-Application-Firewall" that shows the appfirewall blocks but it does not include the application name.  I am not sure how to add the application name to this dataset

fct-Application-Firewall

Log type: 

FortiClient traffic

Query:

select srcname, hostname, coalesce(nullifna(`user`), 'Unknown') as hostuser, utmaction from $log where $filter and lower(utmevent)='appfirewall' group by srcname, hostname, hostuser, utmaction

FortiAnayzer 400C ver 5.2.7

Any assistance is appreciated.

thanks

Dave

2 REPLIES 2
hzhao_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi there,

Application name is recorded in "threat" field in forticlient traffic log, so the dataset will be:

select srcname, threat as app,  hostname, coalesce(nullifna(`user`), 'Unknown') as hostuser, utmaction from $log where $filter and lower(utmevent)='appfirewall' group by srcname, threat, hostname, hostuser, utmaction

Regards,

hz

djcarrington

That did the trick, it works now,

thanks.

I did not see a "threat" field in the FortiOS log reference document.

Is there a different log reference document for FortiClient?

If so could you please point me in the right direction?

thanks again.

Dave

Announcements

Select Forum Responses to become Knowledge Articles!

Select the “Nominate to Knowledge Base” button to recommend a forum post to become a knowledge article.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors