Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Paulpablito77
New Contributor

FortiAnalyzer - High CPU

Hi,

I upgraded my FortiAnalyzer to v7.0.3-build0254 220202 (GA), following the upgrade path. I see that the CPU have very high value, from 94 to 98%. I run this command:
exe top

The first line of the output:

PID   USER  PR NI   VIRT     RES     %CPU      %MEM TIME+ S        COMMAND
620   root   20 0   504.0m   37.7m    158.3     1.0 497:52.29 S    /bin/fileparsed

and another command:

=== resource use information ===
Program uses most memory: [postgres: checkpointer ], pid 808, size 451m
Program uses most cpu: [/bin/fileparsed], pid 620, percent 186%

What is /bin/fileparsed ?

Tnx-

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Paulpablito77 ,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

markwarner
Staff
Staff

Hello Paulpablito77,

If you want a detailed analysis of your system, it would be best to open a support case including the output of this CLI command:
execute tac report

It runs a long list of debug commands that will give the TAC a full overview of your system spec & utilization.

I can't tell if you have a VM or hardware but if it is a VM you should check that it meets minimum spec stated in the virtualization guides:
https://docs.fortinet.com/vm/product/fortianalyzer

Mark.

Paulpablito77
New Contributor

Thank you. It's a Fortianalyzer 200F, it's not a VM. I will try to open a TAC request, I've never done this before and I don't even know if my service contract provides for it.

Paolo.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors