Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dinesh
New Contributor II

FortiAnalyzer- High CPU Issue while running Bulk API

Hello All,

Anyone helps me, to resolve my problem? FortiAnalyzer - High CPU Issue

we are running bulk API Script, to get the Fortianalyzer "Fortiview Top applications, Top source, and Top Destination " for every 5mins. we have a total of 210 FGT devices on the FAZ VM. total 8 core of CPU.  

how we have to handle this type of bulk API script running on FAZ.

Below API URL we are using the get the Fortiview information. Please refer to the attached high CPU screenshot.

Top applications :

"url": "/fortiview/adom/root/top-applications/run" >>> To Get the TID for every 5mins

"url": "/fortiview/adom/root/top-applications/run/497287410" >>> To Get the DATA

Top Destinations :

"url": "/fortiview/adom/root/top-destinations/run" >>> To Get the TID for every 5mins

"url": "/fortiview/adom/root/top-destinations/run/1163665339">>> To Get the DATA

Top Source   "url": "/fortiview/adom/root/top-sources/run" and "url": "/fortiview/adom/root/top-sources/run/510803073"

3 REPLIES 3
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Dinesh,

Thank you for using the Community Forum.

I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Dinesh,

I have found this KB article which explain how to fix High CPU issue:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiAnalyzer/Technical-Tip-How-to-gather-information-and-fix-high...

Could you please tell me if it helped?

Regards,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Faiza_Emam_Delhi
Contributor II

you are encountering high CPU usage on your FortiAnalyzer device when running bulk API scripts to retrieve FortiView information. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Verify that the API scripts are correctly formatted and that they are optimized for performance. Inefficient scripts can cause high CPU usage on the FortiAnalyzer device.

2. Check the logs on the FortiAnalyzer device for any errors or warnings related to the bulk API scripts. This may give you more information about what is causing the issue.

3. Consider running the API scripts less frequently, such as every 10 or 15 minutes instead of every 5 minutes. This can help reduce the load on the FortiAnalyzer device.

4. Check that the FortiAnalyzer device is running the latest firmware version. Firmware updates can often address performance issues and improve overall system stability.

5. Consider upgrading the hardware on the FortiAnalyzer device to improve performance. Adding more CPU cores or RAM can help the device handle the load of running bulk API scripts.

By following these steps, you can further isolate the issue and determine the root cause of the problem. If you are still experiencing issues,

Thanks & Regards,
Faizal Emam
Thanks & Regards,Faizal Emam
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors