Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
osamaoj
New Contributor

FortiAP Issue

Dear All,

We have FG 2601F and AP 221E v7.0.0 build0078, we have many complains about devices can't join the SSID. As well in many cases you can see the devices are connected but there is no traffic at all.

Workaround is to remove the SSID and readded it again but this not a perfect solution as we have around 900 AP.

Regards,

Osama

9 REPLIES 9
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi Osama

What was the last actions before the issue started?

Was it after a firmware upgrade?

Was it after a config change?

Which FortiOS version do you have?

Does is occur again on the same SSID once you apply your workaround?

AEK
AEK
osamaoj
New Contributor

What was the last actions before the issue started? No action, we tried multiple versions and it always the same, it will work for 1 week or so then stopped.

Was it after a firmware upgrade? no

Was it after a config change? no

Which FortiOS version do you have? v7.0.0 build0078

Does is occur again on the same SSID once you apply your workaround? yes after 1 week or so.

Regards,

Osama

AEK

FortiOS 7.0.0 is the very first release of 7.0 and many WiFi related bugs have been fixed since then. It is highly recommended to update to 7.0.14 to fix these bugs and other critical vulnerabilities.

Also you should do the same with you FortiAPs.

AEK
AEK
osamaoj
New Contributor

Sorry i though you are talking about AP version

FG2601 on 7.4.1

AP v7.0.0 build0078 which version you think is better, our AP's are 221E

AEK

According to Fortinet, it is the recommended to have FOS 7.0.14 on your FGT 2601F. If so, then you should have version 7.0.7 on your FAP 221E (this is the first choice for better stability and bug free).

If it is not possible to have 7.0.x on your FGT, then go for 7.2.7, and on your FortiAP you should have 7.2.3 (second choice).

If you have no choice other than to stay at 7.4.x, then update your FOS to to 7.4.3, and you should update your FAP to 7.3.2.

Ref:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-Recommended-Release-for-FortiOS/ta-p/22717...

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortiap/7.4.0/fortiap-and-fortios-compatibility-matrix/209640/for...

AEK
AEK
osamaoj
New Contributor

We were enforce to upgrade the os to 7.4.1 due to wad process issue which caused the FG to crash every 10 days and TAC team asked us at the time to upgrade the OS to the latest which didn't sort out the issue yet. I think they will ask me to go with version 7.4.3 if it's stable.

Saying that I think I should go with the AP new version, you mention 7.3.2 but in the document you attached they said 7.4.1 for the AP firmware which one th correct version for my case

Thanks in advance.

Osama

AEK

As mentioned in my last advice I encourage you in all cases (7.0.x, 7.2.x or 7.4.x) to go to the latest patch in order to fix the maximum bugs as well as the known security vulnerabilities.

AEK
AEK
osamaoj
New Contributor

I upgraded AP to 7.4.2 and I'm monitoring users feedback.

Regards,

Osama

osamaoj

Dear,

Sorry for the late reply but upgrading the fw didn't help. i think there is a bigger issue in Fortinet product.

Regards,

Osama

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors