Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Robert_Hefner
New Contributor

FortiAP 222C - Not Able to Access

OK guys feel real stupid on this one. I somehow locked myself out of two of these AP's. The FortiGate 90D is not recognizing them probably because they are not on the same subnet. I had my internal Windows DHCP server set with a reservation and they at first picked this up just fine and the AP received the 10.0.0.70/24. I went into the web GUI at 10.0.0.70/24 and made a change to them by selecting the Mesh with Ethernet fallback option. Once I did this the device dropped off the network. I have tried accessing them via 192.168.1.2/24 but I am not able to communicate with them.

Can anyone offer any assistance on how to factory reset them?

Thanks - Robert

Thanks, Robert Hefner

Thanks, Robert Hefner
2 REPLIES 2
ede_pfau
SuperUser
SuperUser

The good news is that the AP still is alive. The bad news is that it's now managed via a WiFi link (mesh) which you probably haven't configured yet.

You can resolve this if you have physical access to the AP/APs. There should be a pinhole to a reset button somewhere. If you keep this pressed during power-up the AP should reset to factory defaults. There is no description for this in the Admin Guide, or the Getting Started doc?

Ede

"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
Ede"Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupt handler!"
fortinet4
New Contributor

For future community participants, you may want to look at my post: https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Next-steps-or-insight-needed-to-troubleshoot-powered...

I have a 222C which is in a similar situation and as a workaround was able to add an additional subnet to the same physical network. 

Since the FortiAP 222C (mine is a 222C-A, if that matters) is an outdoor model, it has no reset button. There is a reset button on the POE injector which came with the FortiAP, however I still have no way to change the 222C's configuration, EXCEPT for its SSID profiles..  So since I am using bridged networking and the ips being handed out are still from my 192.168.1.1/24 network, the "orphaned" FortiAP on 10.0.1.1/24 is completely OK the way it is as a workaround.

Justin
Justin
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors