Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ashik_Sheik
Contributor II

FortiAP 221C Firmware Upgrade from V5.2 Build 475 to v5.2.5

Hi,

I would like to know  Build 475 refer to which firmware patch or build.I tried upgrading one of the 221C to FAP_221C-v5-build0254 but AP is not responding .How to get the console ? there is no option .How to perform Hard Reset ?.

There is only orange light is showing .Is there a way to connect and Check the issue.

regds

Ashik

Ashu 

Ashu
10 REPLIES 10
SMFTNT
Staff
Staff

Hello Ashik, In response to your questions please see the outlined below. 1. Build0475 would be a manufacturing build. 2. There is no console available on the FAP 221C model.     One would have to run execute telnet from the FortiController. 3. A hard reset can be performed by pressing & holding the reset button    aprrx 10 sec, located on the face-center above the Fortinet logo. 4. Once the hard reset has been completed, the unit returns to DHCP by default.     From the FortiController > Managed AP's, one would see the 221C listed w/Ip Address     and State w/a question mark (?).     Hope this helps,

Thank you,

Shawn

Ashik_Sheik

Hi Shawn,

I have tried above steps but couldn't succeed .The Ethernet LED shows orange and its not showing in the wireless controller as well .Let me know is there anything else i could  do get a access to AP .

Thanks

Ashik

Ashu 

Ashu
SMFTNT

Hi Ashik, Thank you for the reply. 1. How is the unit powered?    POE SW, POE Injector (Fortinet/3rdParty), Power Adapter? 2. At anytime does the "power" LED become green?     As well does the "network" LED become green? 3. If the "network" LED is green attempt to access the unit via http or telnet.     Details can be found here, see page 6.    http://docs.fortinet.com/fortiap/hardware/221c Thank you, Shawn

Ashik_Sheik

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the information .Please find the answers for your question

1.The device is powered by Nexus POW SW

2.The Power LED is green . No ,The LED is Orange and flashing every 2 sec .

3.I have tried these steps but no luck .

One more information, Can i upgrade .from V5.2 Build 475 to V 5.2.5 directly .I have few more 221C units .

Regds,

Ashik

Ashu 

Ashu
SMFTNT

Hi Ashik, Thank you once again... 1. When the reset button is held the power LED should flash and the network LED will turn orange.     Once the reset has completed the power LED will be green and the network LED will turn green.     If the network LED fails to turn green there may very well be a connectivity issue or a hardware failure on the AP. 2. Are any of the other remaining 221C AP's exhibiting the same behavior? 3. Yes, an upgrade can be performed directly from V5.2 Build 475 to V 5.2.5. 4. Test 192.168.1 Network. - If possible connect the 221C and a laptop into a standalone POE switch, separate from any other network. - Set the laptop ip to 192.168.1.3/24, defgtwy 192.168.1.2.    HOST 192.168.1.3----[POE SW]------221C 192.168.1.2 - If the reset has taken place the AP will revert to defaults, ip addr 192.168.1.2. - From here one should be able to access the AP Configuration page via http and perform the upgrade. Thank you, Shawn

Ashik_Sheik

Hi Shawan,

Thanks for your fast response .

I have noticed after pressing reset button for 10 sec the LED status is orange .its looks like HW problem .Anyways i will try again tomorrow .

regds

Ashik

Ashu 

Ashu
Sumanth_FTNT

Hi Ashik,

This is B4075 which cannot be upgraded directly to latest builds due to some internal modification for bettwr utilization of FAP resources.

FAP221C models with builds < B4090 need to go through 2 step process

1. Need to first upgraded to B4090

2. then upgrade to new images like 5.2.5.

https://info.fortinet.com/files/FortiAP/v5.00/images/NoMainBranch/fap_5_fap_221C/build_tag_4090/

Ashik_Sheik

Hi

Can you tell me how to upgrade to  B4090 .Which firmware ? .I don't have access to the link you have provided.

Regds

Ashik

Ashu 

Ashu
Sumanth_FTNT

Do you have access to V5.2.0 (B0212), Please upgrade to this build before you upgrade to next build V5.2.5

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors