Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
arjunhegde
New Contributor

FortiAP 221C Authentication Error

Hi there, we have recently installed FAP 221C Access Points which is working with FortiGate 200B with Firmware Version v5.0,build4457 (GA Patch 7). We are presently facing repeated Authentication Error issues when a users goes out of a network coverage area and come back within coverage area. If we restart the AP everything works fine for some time and the problem starts. Further for Iphone users it get connected to the wireless network but those users are unable to browse. When we were using FAP 221B we never faced these problems until we started using FAP 221C. Is FAP221C a stable product please advice as we intend to buy additional AP' s or shoudl we go for the tested FAP 221B. Please revert as soon as possible. Arjun +968 95313626
Arjun +968 95313626
Arjun +968 95313626
4 REPLIES 4
AndreaSoliva
Contributor III

Hi the problems for FAP C products are known which means: The build for the wireless controller as the firmware on the FAP is not final and to be understood as " interim" until the needed config goes to the normal release (Expected begin of July). The FAP' s are good products....what is a pity is that often such products are launched tooo early. Better would be to launch the products in final releases etc. If you not really need the FAPxxxC I would keep it under the table and as soon as a official firmware for FortiGate with ac controller support as for FAP is launched give it another try. hope this helps have fun Andrea
arjunhegde
New Contributor

Hi there, Thanks for the reply. Today we are facing similar Authentication Error Issue with FAP221B. All was working fine for almost a day but suddenly the problem started. Mobile devices show up two SSID' s same name - one SSID the status is connected and other SSID it is having a Authentication Error. I researched other forums and found its common for the Wireless Scanning software in Mobile Devices to show up two SSID' s with same name if the Wireless AP is a dual Band one. Please share your feedback if you have faced any similar issues...I just want my Wireless Network to be stable.
Arjun +968 95313626
Arjun +968 95313626
hfreel
New Contributor

Similar issues here with a customer on 221C' s. TAC gave us an upgrade to the FG, (I believe it was a special build for the FG100D) but I' m not sure that fixed it or that we turned off RRP (Radio Resource Provisioning). It seems that when the AP changes Channels is has to do a complete reboot - then users would have to move to another AP.
dlandi
New Contributor

Hi friends, I have the same problem with some teams FortiAP 320C ... in a forum of this site indicates an upgrade to 5.2 anyone know of this?
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors