Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
natsu30
New Contributor

Forti Sandbox Custom VMs

Hello,

So Fortinet support hasn't been the greatest at helping me with my questions regarding this issue.

So we have a FortiSandbox 2000E appliance that has 4 windows 10 VMs running on it. We recently purchased a license that is suppose to allow us to run 20 custom VMs in a BYOL scenario ("Expands FSA-2000E Custom VM capacity by 20. i.e. BYOL"). There is very little documentation on how to create these custom VMs, license them, ect.. Any one have any insight they can provide?

We have purchased 20 Windows 10 and Office 2019 license already.

Thanks

10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @natsu30  , 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Fortinet Community Team 

kagritelis
Staff
Staff

Dear @natsu30 ,

I'm sorry to hear that you did not have all the required help & answers to your questions from TAC.

Regarding the Custom VM License,

Yes, the Custom VM License allows you to run 20 VMs which either you can prepare or Download a Pre-configured VM Directly from Fortinet which only requires Windows & Office Activation + if you want to add or remove programs you are flexible to do so.

Regarding the Custom VM Guide,

Unfortunately, this guide is not available anymore in the public. Although Customers that have a Custom VM License can come to TAC and we will be more than happy to provide you the latest available Custom VM Guide (the latest one is for v4.2).

Custom VMs can become complicated and specific steps need to be followed in order the VM to properly work. I wouldn't recommend you to follow steps from other sources since it can cause more troubles & confusion. The official process is very easy and straight forward.

For that reason I would like to encourage you and raise a case with us and we will help you as much as possible.

Unfortunately Custom VMs are not a topic that can be answered in a short message.

Thank you for your understanding & Have a Great Day Ahead.

Best Regards,

Konstantinos Agritelis

Fortinet EMEA TAC Engineer

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors