Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
IT_ZD
New Contributor III

Forti OS 7.4.X

Hello,

I hope you are well,

I want to update my two Fortigate 201F but I don't know which is the most stable version: 7.4.1 or 7.4.2 or 7.4.3

Regards.

1 Solution
IT_ZD
New Contributor III

Hello Guys,

Thank you all for your feedback and information

is it possible to get an idea of when the next .M(Mature) 7.4.x version will be released?

Reagrds.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi

Basically the latest patch version is the most stable. The patch version is the last number of the version, i.e.: it is the Z in X.Y.Z.

So 7.4.3 is the most stable among the three versions you mentioned.

However 7.2.7 should be more stable than 7.4.3, and 7.0.14 may be more stable than 7.2.7.

AEK
AEK
sahmed_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Kindly see the below link for detailed reference:

https://community.fortinet.com/t5/FortiGate/Technical-Tip-How-to-determine-Firmware-build-number-whe...

Security all we want
mracpa
New Contributor

We're on 7.2.7.  Holding off the 7.4 chain until 7.4.4 at the earliest.  

ezhupa
Staff
Staff

Hello IT_ZD

Fortinet TAC always suggests to stay on the latest version of the branch you are in. 
For example, if you to stay on 7.2.X branch , it is recommended you stay in the latest release, i.e 7.2.7. 
For the 7.4.X branch, the latest version is 7.4.3 so it is recommended you stay on that version. 
Depending on features you would like to use or are currently using you should refer to the release notes of the specific version and see if there are any known issues. 

IT_ZD
New Contributor III

Hello Guys,

Thank you all for your feedback and information

is it possible to get an idea of when the next .M(Mature) 7.4.x version will be released?

Reagrds.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors