Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ASKhalefa
New Contributor

ForiVoice : Auto Registration / Debugs

Hello Support Team..

Any idea how to deploy Auto-Registration for IP Phones with Extensions range ? ..

for example a phone ( which we don't know its type or MAC ) , and it is connected to the network , with proper DHCP / Option 66 or TFTP 150 ( cisco ) .. can this phone get a dummy extension 601 ? .. the next phone would get 602 .. etc 

As i tested , Cisco Phones ( Enterprise Firmware ) would register , but without Extension ..

Another inquiry .. 

how to show live Debug from the CLI ? .. i don't mean open trace and download .. 

i am asking about enabling debug on CLI and seeing the output on it ..  

for example : 

debugging TFTP events or packets .. or SIP messages .. etc

1 Solution
melshehaby
Staff
Staff

Hello ASKhalefa,

Thank you for contacting us.

Regarding Auto-Registration: Actually Fortivoice is working in different way and it doesn't have Auto-Registration, it has Auto Provisioning.

Once you configure the Auto Provisioning in FVE and configure your DHCP server with option 66 with the Provisioning link with Https or TFTP, the phones supposed to appear in Fortivoice under Phone System > Devices. And from there, you will see the phones MAC addresses and phones models, then you can select the phone and assign existed extension or create a new one.

For the third party phones, you will need third party license to able to configure them with Auto Provisioning.

For more information Auto Provisioning, please check the below link:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortivoice-enterprise/7.0.1/fortivoice-phone-system-administratio...

Regarding live debug in CLI, you can use the below:

diagnose debug enable

diagnose debug application <tftpd or cfgfone or other servers> 7

diagnose debug application <tftpd or cfgfone or other servers> display

Those commands will show you the debug of the application but if you want the communication with tftp or other service, it is better to use Traffic capture under Network page or sniffer command as below:

diag sniff packet any "host IP_Address and port PORT_Number" 6 0

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

EMEA ETAC

Mohamed Elshehaby

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello ASKhalefa,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I found this document:

https://fortinetweb.s3.amazonaws.com/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/ad1d1f9a-5a2b-11ed-96f0-fa163e...

Could you please have a look and tell if it is helping?

Regards,

ASKhalefa
New Contributor

i looked into the document , and i can't see it referencing "Auto Registration" process with Temp Extensions .. 
also , i can't find a reference for Live Debugs as well inside it ..

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

Oh ok.

We will then continue to look for a solution.

Regards,

melshehaby
Staff
Staff

Hello ASKhalefa,

Thank you for contacting us.

Regarding Auto-Registration: Actually Fortivoice is working in different way and it doesn't have Auto-Registration, it has Auto Provisioning.

Once you configure the Auto Provisioning in FVE and configure your DHCP server with option 66 with the Provisioning link with Https or TFTP, the phones supposed to appear in Fortivoice under Phone System > Devices. And from there, you will see the phones MAC addresses and phones models, then you can select the phone and assign existed extension or create a new one.

For the third party phones, you will need third party license to able to configure them with Auto Provisioning.

For more information Auto Provisioning, please check the below link:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortivoice-enterprise/7.0.1/fortivoice-phone-system-administratio...

Regarding live debug in CLI, you can use the below:

diagnose debug enable

diagnose debug application <tftpd or cfgfone or other servers> 7

diagnose debug application <tftpd or cfgfone or other servers> display

Those commands will show you the debug of the application but if you want the communication with tftp or other service, it is better to use Traffic capture under Network page or sniffer command as below:

diag sniff packet any "host IP_Address and port PORT_Number" 6 0

Regards

Mohamed Elshehaby

EMEA ETAC

Mohamed Elshehaby
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors