Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Umesh
Contributor

Firmware query for 1200D || 7.0.10 and 7.0.15

Hi Everyone,

I have gone through each and every release notes found so many bugs, can you please confirm which release has lowest bug for 1200D Firewall.

HA mode A-A

As per my knowledge - 7.0.10 and 7.0.15 can be. please suggest is it stable Firmware.

2 REPLIES 2
ozkanaltas
Contributor III

Hello @Umesh ,

As you said there are a lot of bugs in versions. But you need to care about related bugs which feature is used on your FortiGate. If you can't see any bugs affecting you, you can upgrade your firewall.

In my opinion, you can upgrade your firewall to the 7.0.15 version if there are no bugs affecting you. This version is a mature version. Mature versions mean they contain only bug fixes and security patches.

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.NSE 4-5-6-7 OT Sec - ENT FW
fricci_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi @Umesh ,

Every complex software has bugs unfortunately. I would suggest to focus not on the lowest amount of bugs but on the impact that bugs can have based on the features we use.

FOS 7.0.10 and FOS 7.0.15 are both mature releases but 7.0.15 is one year "more mature" than 7.0.10.
Many bugs are only experienced by a quite small percentage of customers as they can depend on very specific environments/configurations/traffic patterns.

Check the known issues list in 7.0.15 release notes and if you do not see highly critical bugs that would impact you massively (mainly depending on the feature you use), I would go for it.
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.0.15/fortios-release-notes/236526/known-issues

Please always respect the upgrade path when upgrading FOS firmware and export a copy of the backup config from each unit before the upgrade and at each upgrade step.

Best regards,

---
If you have found a useful article or a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible to others.
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors