Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ErrantOsi
New Contributor III

Firewall rule name length

Am I the only one who is really unhappy with the 35 character limit at firewall rule names? We have different vendors and always on the FortiGates I have to think how I can shorten the rule name.... I doubt Fortinet is changing this soon?

1 Solution
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@ErrantOsi 
Nothing is planned to change this at this time. But you have another field (comments) where you can write a full sentence with no character limit.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
xshkurti
Staff
Staff

@ErrantOsi 
Nothing is planned to change this at this time. But you have another field (comments) where you can write a full sentence with no character limit.

Toshi_Esumi

@ErrantOsiMake sure you make "Comment" visible in GUI. It's not showing in the policy table by default. Then you can move the column position to the left and remove the name column if you don't want see it any more.

Toshi

ErrantOsi
New Contributor III

Yeah, the issue is we already use the comment field for other information.

That's a bit unfortunate, I don't know why it's limited to so few characters. Doesn't make sense for me and is really disturbing. But thanks for the feedback anyway :)

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors