Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Not applicable

Firewall Alert

Dear all, Recently, I receive huge Alert from the Fortigate 60 firewall. Could anyone kindly tell me how I can solve this Alert? The message is as below: Message meets Alert condition The following critical firewall event was detected: Critical Event. 2008-12-27 10:32:46 device_id=FGT-60 log_id=0315093006 type=webfilter subtype=urlfilter pri=critical hostname=service.fortiguard.net msg=" gethostbyname() failed: Connection timed out" Ivan
2 REPLIES 2
mhe
Contributor II

Seems like an issue with your DNS Server. The Fortigate was unable to resolve an hostname to a IP Address.... martin
Not applicable

i just know the reason. but i dunno how to solve. the Fortigate 60 firewall had connect IPSEC to another fortigate 50A. In Fortigate 60 Console, when I tried traceroute to DNS IP, I found the traffic is route to Fortigate 50A and then access the Internet. As both firewalls are in different Zone, the service.fortigate.com cannot be resolve. How can I set the policy to fix this case? Ivan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors