Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dleclair
New Contributor II

Factory Reset FortiSwitch 108D POE?

I purchased a used FortiSwitch 108D-POE but have been unable to perform a factory reset on it.

There is an unlabeled reset button on the left side of the front. Pressing and holding it for 60 seconds or longer has no effect. I have also tried unplugging it and holding the reset button down while it boots. I have tried pressing and holding the reset button for 10 seconds right after a reboot, and also tried the same after waiting five minutes.

In its current state, when I connect it via port 10 to my laptop (set to 192.168.1.2), I get a link activity light but I cannot ping 192.168.1.99 nor access it by HTTPS or SSH.

Looking to factory reset it so I can gain access to it.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions!

1 Solution
ebilcari

I found a switch 108D-PoE and test the reset. After letting it on for 5 minutes, no ports connected, press the reset button. After ~25 seconds all the lights come up, I released the reset button. After ~2 minutes the switch came up and it was in its default configuration.
Version: FortiSwitch-108D-POE v3.6.11,build0432,191108 (GA)

Repeated the same procedure with one host connected, same observed behavior.
If you don't get all the lights on while keeping the reset button pressed for ~25 seconds, I think the reset button is not functioning any more.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
ebilcari

I found a switch 108D-PoE and test the reset. After letting it on for 5 minutes, no ports connected, press the reset button. After ~25 seconds all the lights come up, I released the reset button. After ~2 minutes the switch came up and it was in its default configuration.
Version: FortiSwitch-108D-POE v3.6.11,build0432,191108 (GA)

Repeated the same procedure with one host connected, same observed behavior.
If you don't get all the lights on while keeping the reset button pressed for ~25 seconds, I think the reset button is not functioning any more.

- Emirjon
If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
dleclair
New Contributor II

Thank you very much for your help with this. It was very kind of you to track down the same switch and test it with it. Mine still does not respond so the only conclusion is that the reset button does not work. Thanks again for the excellent support.

ebilcari

Sorry to hear that, last resort could be trying to connect it to a FGT. If it is able to build the FortiLink, it can than be accessed through SSH and start a factory reset.

flink.PNG

- Emirjon
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors