Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
jr14
New Contributor III

FORTIPLANNER

some knows how the fortiplanner calculate the high of the AP to install a AP??

Where and how can i add another antena or AP to the app ??

FortiAP 

4 REPLIES 4
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello jr14,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Anthony-Fortinet Community Team.
Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

We are still looking for someone to help you.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Regards,

Anthony_E
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello,

I have found this documentation:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/fortinetweb/docs.fortinet.com/v2/attachments/0888d78e-200d-11e9-b6f6-f8bc12...

Could you please tell me if it is helping you?If not, we will continue to work on it, and find an answer.

Regards,

sandrabarnett
New Contributor

there is no specific Calculator tool or software called "Fortiplanner" associated with Fortinet or any widely known networking company. However, Fortinet does offer a range of networking and security products, including wireless access points (APs)

In general, the height calculation for installing an AP is based on factors like the coverage area, signal propagation, interference, and the intended use case. To determine the ideal height for installing an AP, you typically consider the following:

1. Coverage Area: The size of the area you want to cover with Wi-Fi. Larger areas might require higher AP placement.

2. Signal Propagation: The signal strength and coverage area of the AP depend on its height. Higher installations may provide broader coverage.

3. Interference: Analyzing potential sources of interference (walls, obstacles, other electronic devices) can help in determining the optimal AP height.

4. Use Case: Different use cases may require different AP placements. For example, in a warehouse, you might place APs higher for better coverage, while in an office, you might place them lower to provide stronger signals at desk level.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors