Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Oberon
New Contributor

FGT60B Issue

I just had in this week twice the same issue with two FGT60B. Bot have FortiOS 4.1 (one with P4 the other with P9). What happend: I just did a reboot from the FGT60B over the Menubutton in the GUI. The FGT60B looked like it works fine again (all leds were fine), but there was no way to access the Firewall. Even I was able to access though Console. (the access options did not change on the LAN-Port, they looked fine) I finally had to reload the Firmware thought TFTP-Server. Now it works all fine again. Maybe someone can confirm this! kr Ralph
Private Use: Fortigate-50B, 4.00-MR3, NAT/IPsec-VPN/SSL-VPN
20 REPLIES 20
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

40Net said this may happen unless you upgrade to P10. It' s an IPS issue, even if you are not using IPS.
Dear Customer, Our records indicate that you are using FortiOS version 4.0 MR1 patch 1 through to 4.0 MR1 patch 9 in combination with FortiGuard services. Please review Customer Support Bulletin CSB-110610-1 for an explanation of a technical issue that will affect your FortiGate UTM appliance. The CSB is available at : https://support.fortinet.com/EndUser/Bulletin.aspx and includes details about the issue as well as the resolution path. Please note that it is important for you to read and follow the resolution path outlined in the CSB because failure to upgrade the FortiOS version can impair your system and may limit some network security features. If you have any questions regarding this advisory or require any assistance for the upgrade process please contact Fortinet Technical Support. For Support Center contact information please visit www.fortinet.com/support/contact_support.html. Best Regards, Fortinet Customer Service and Support

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Oberon
New Contributor

holy! Thanks for your input Bob! I guess I should more often check the info board from the support area. kr Ralph PS: Maybe this is the reason why the Fortinet share just got over 20% down!
emnoc
Esteemed Contributor III

Yeah I' m having issues also. Did a upgrade, things when screwy and now I have a working FGT but the WebGUI is not functioning. I wonder how much QC did fortinet place in this last build

PCNSE 

NSE 

StrongSwan  

PCNSE NSE StrongSwan
Oberon
New Contributor

I' m honestly also not very happy about the latest work from Fortinet. We have right now three major realeae to care about. And even MR1 with allmost the latest patches do we have still such issues. To be afraid of a simple reboot sounds just not so good! The qualitiy must get better again! Maybe I' m wrong, but I believe the philosophy has changed since the shareholders are captain on the boat!
jtfinley

I' m honestly also not very happy about the latest work from Fortinet.
I too am starting to see weirdness after MR2 + releases...Fortigates going offline and cannot access internal or external.
Paul_Dean
Contributor

Bob, did Fortinet email that to you before it became a problem or after you logged a ticket? I had the same issue yesterday with a FG60B running 4.0 MR1 Patch 3. The FortiGate lost it' s network connection on Wan1 and Internal1. I rebooted it to try and clear the issue not knowing about this IDS update problem. I had to restore the firmware via TFTP and upload the config again. Putting it back into production tomorrow in place of the spare.
NSE4
NSE4
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

I was running 4.1.9. They shot me an email. Never had a problem or created a ticket.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
Paul_Dean
Contributor

Odd. We did not receive any notification that I can see. Checked the spam filter too.
NSE4
NSE4
Jan_Scholten
Contributor

Had today on a 50B running 4.1.9 which experienced a reboot due to power outage, planned updae was scheduled for friday :-/
 Initializing firewall...
 System is started.
 pid-24 lock_mlog()-504 shmget()failed: No such file or directory
 pid-24 lock_mlog()-504 shmget()failed: No such file or directory

__get_backdoor_timeout: Couldn' t get shm
 __set_backdoor_timeout: Couldn' t get shm
The mentioned tftp update did not work:
 Please connect TFTP server to Ethernet port " 3" .

Enter TFTP server address [192.168.1.168]: 172.29.0.108
 Enter local address [192.168.1.188]: 172.29.0.175
 Enter firmware image file name [image.out]: FGT_50B-v400-build0217-FORTINET.out
 MAC:00090F7238FF
 ################
 Total 17645598 bytes data downloaded.
 Verifying the integrity of the firmware image.
 invalid compressed format (err=1)

Think i have to rma :(
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors