Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
ajtech
New Contributor

FG60E post-upgrade problems

Hello, the previous administrator did the update in the wrong order, jumped a few steps of the update path. That's why I have now problems with a few functionalities. For example, I can not set logs to memory, because in Display Logs From, I have the message "Selected log location is currently disabled". In console I see that I have "log momory enable". Current firmware version FortiOS v5.6.6 build1630 (GA). As I know the base version from which the updates were started is 5.4.1. How to fix it? Is it possible to go back to 5.4.1 and update the device correctly?

5 REPLIES 5
hervaltelecom
New Contributor III

Do you have a backup of the configuration?

Toshi_Esumi
Esteemed Contributor III

If it was directly upgraded to 5.6.6, the config thrown out during the upgrade is in "diag debug config-error-log read".

I'm not sure if that's the cause of that particular issue though. After 5.6, they're more forcing to use remote logging either FortiAnalyzer or FortiCloud, and discouraging memory log. But 60E doesn't have local storage/SSD.

Dave_Hall

@Adam.

Assuming you are on site with direct access to the fgt and have a backup copy of the config file before the upgrade(s), you certain can downgrade the firmware, then restore the backup config. 

Those 60Es do not have internal disk storage, but do not understand why logging to memory isn't working (unless it is something on 5.6.x.   I would check "config log memory filter" and "log gui-display".

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
rwpatterson
Valued Contributor III

See if the unit is a dual partition model. The old version and configuration may still be in the unit, just restart with the other partition.

Seems that function is no longer available. Checked my FWF80CM.

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!
See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com

Bob - self proclaimed posting junkie!See my Fortigate related scripts at: http://fortigate.camerabob.com
ajtech

I'm afraid I do not have previous configurations. The last one I have is # config-version = FGT60E-5.6.3-FW-build1547-171204. Yes I'm on site with direct access to the fgt. From version 5.6.3 I have been updating the device.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors