Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Ruslan_Sheidaev
New Contributor

FG v 7.2.1

I was surprised when I noticed that there is no country connection source in the Authentication Error line! Having to wait extra time and inconvenience to connect. The Top Authentication Failure line is supposed to be the country connection column. Make it more useful to people. We are using the latest version of Fortigate 7.2.1, the Top Failed Authentication column No column Elementary, why no column?

SHRKH
SHRKH
1 Solution
Debbie_FTNT

Hey Ruslan,

yes, it's fairly clear that you're looking for a way to add in country information in some way to the display.

However, currently that is not possible, and it is not possible on FortiAnalyzer either.

As noted, you could probably do a custom report on Analyzer that adds the country information from logs, but that's about it.

To add country information to the display requires a feature request - you can get in touch with Fortinet Sales to this end.

+++ Divide by Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe and Reboot +++

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jintrah_FTNT
Staff
Staff

Hi,

Could you please attach a screenshot to help understand the issue described?

Ruslan_Sheidaev

Why not add a country of connection column? It would be very handy! So that the administrator does not have to search for ip address in different services country of connection.

Not Country source failed connections.JPG

SHRKH
SHRKH
Debbie_FTNT

Hey Ruslan,

you can reach out to your local Fortinet Sales representative regarding feature requests and making suggestions for improvements; there's not much we can do from the community pages, my apologies.

From the screenshot, I can see that you have a FortiAnalyzer of some sort - you could consider a chart/report on failed authentication attempts based on country.

I did check FortiAnalyzer FortiView, and while failed connection attempts are listed under FortiView > FortiView > System > Failed Authentication Attempts, there is no option to filter on country here either.

Ruslan_Sheidaev

I would like to see the country of connection via VPN in one window attached another screenshot, note in the column (Top Failed Authentication) there is no source of connection of the country is not very convenient. I hope you understand what I mean. 

Not Country source failed connections 2.JPG

SHRKH
SHRKH
Debbie_FTNT

Hey Ruslan,

yes, it's fairly clear that you're looking for a way to add in country information in some way to the display.

However, currently that is not possible, and it is not possible on FortiAnalyzer either.

As noted, you could probably do a custom report on Analyzer that adds the country information from logs, but that's about it.

To add country information to the display requires a feature request - you can get in touch with Fortinet Sales to this end.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors