Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
R_F
Contributor

FG Tokens to FortiToken Cloud

Dear All,

Searching the web I found nothing. Before I jump to FAC as an option. Is it possible to migrate my token from FG on-prem to FortiToken Cloud? I want all my tokens assigned to my FGs to be centrally managed by FortiToken Cloud.

I appreciate your help and immediate feedback.

1 Solution
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi @R_F 

From technical perspective, that would not be possible. FortiToken Mobile/Hardware are perpetual license, while FortiToken Cloud is subscription based license. You can opt to check with your local sales if you wanted to convert all the existing licenses to FortiToken Cloud. Alternatively, FAC would be your best option.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kcheng
Staff
Staff

Hi @R_F 

From technical perspective, that would not be possible. FortiToken Mobile/Hardware are perpetual license, while FortiToken Cloud is subscription based license. You can opt to check with your local sales if you wanted to convert all the existing licenses to FortiToken Cloud. Alternatively, FAC would be your best option.

Cheers,
Kayzie Cheng

If you have found a solution, please like and accept it to make it easily accessible for others.
R_F
Contributor

thank you @kcheng 

pminarik
Staff
Staff

The only exception is hardware tokens. These can be "reset" by TAC from their current binding to your FortiGate, and afterwards can be imported into FortiToken-Cloud - https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortitoken-cloud/latest/admin-guide/506312/hardware-tokens

[ corrections always welcome ]
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors