Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
MORAMADAN
New Contributor III

Export forwarded logs in csv format

Hello Bro,

I have been trying to export "forwarded logs" in a csv format for filtration process but still don't know how? any ideas?

knowung that, fortigate software version 7.0.11, and no fortianalyzer

TIA

M.Ramadan
M.Ramadan
11 REPLIES 11
srajeswaran
Staff
Staff

While downloading the log file, save it as .csv file. Then we can try using "Text to Columns" option available on excel to move the data to separate columns. Use "space" as delimiter.

Ref: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/split-text-into-different-columns-with-the-convert-text-t...

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

MORAMADAN

Hi Sraj,

Thank you so much for your assistance, I have tried the MS excel text to data methde but it was not as expected since the downloaded logs are not equally when using spaces as a separator, ie... filds are not well suitable for beingseparated by spaces.

If any more ideas will be appreciated,

M.Ramadan
M.Ramadan
srajeswaran

I am not sure if there is a better way. Is there any specific filters that you are not able to apply directly on fortigate?

Regards,

Suraj

- Have you found a solution? Then give your helper a "Kudos" and mark the solution.

MORAMADAN

I am using no the logs filter on the firewall, but sometimes we need to work offline while we have no access to the firerwall, so we export the logs trying work on it in offline.

M.Ramadan
M.Ramadan
srajeswaran

Hi Ramadan, one issue I can see is with "dstcountry="United States"", the country has a space and that is breaking the delimiter function. Are you seeing the same issue or different?

Regards,

Suraj

MORAMADAN

Hello Sraj,

Thank you for your response but it seems many other fields are affected and not delemited equally.

M.Ramadan
M.Ramadan
Faiza_Emam_Delhi
Contributor II

To export forwarded logs in a CSV format on a FortiGate device running FortiOS 7.0.11, you can follow these steps:

1. Log in to the FortiGate device web interface.

2. Go to Log & Report > Log Settings > Forwarding.

3. Click the Export button at the top of the page.

4. Select the log type that you want to export (e.g., Traffic, Event, etc.).

5. Set the date range for the logs that you want to export.

6. Set the format to CSV.

7. Click the Download button to download the exported logs in a CSV format.

With these steps, you should be able to export forwarded logs in a CSV format on your FortiGate device. Note that the exported logs may be limited to a certain number of records, depending on the device's settings. If you need to export a larger number of records, you may want to consider using a FortiAnalyzer device or another log management solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Faizal Emam
Thanks & Regards,Faizal Emam
MORAMADAN

Hello Emam,

Thank you for your assistance but no "Forwarding --> Export button at the top of the screen".

M.Ramadan
M.Ramadan
MORAMADAN
New Contributor III

Screenshot 2023-06-08 124043.png

M.Ramadan
M.Ramadan
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors