Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
Setsunarcangel
New Contributor

Export a list of current endpoints forticlient

Hello guys. Straightforward question.

I am looking to export a list of the current endpoint. And for the love of me, I can't figure it out—any help with this.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to Fortinet community and Thank you for your post. Hopefully, you've been keeping safe and doing well!

We will have this looked and will reach you back as soon as possible.

You should receive an update from one of the team member soon. Thanks for your patience on this.

Regards
chkvpatel_FTNT

@Setsunarcangel, there is no option in EMS to export the Endpoints list.
you can retrieve the endpoint information using EMS API.
API documentation can be accessed from the FNDN site,
https://fndn.fortinet.net/index.php?/fortiapi/48-forticlient-ems/#

rtavares

Thank you, but your link requires a fndn account. We need a simple way to export data or generate an Endpoint report without developing code.

Ragman
New Contributor II

I agree with you on this one.

Some basic endpoint reporting should be available on the EMS console. I cannot think of one other vendor that does not include basic endpoint reporting in their consoles.

jlongworthCS

This is unacceptable to have to resort to API access to retrieve information that's clearly presented within the web UI.  We've got to push FortiClient upgrades to end users, and this lack of exportable data is going to cause much pain regarding assembling comm's to our users... because we simply don't have an easy way to identify/compile a list of the target users.  I know how to extract this data from the web page (had to do it a year ago, in fact), but I'm now choosing to talk about it here instead of focusing my time on working around your blatant oversight into manageability for us admins.

Thank you.

lanRoc
New Contributor

Within the management interface, locate the section that displays the list of managed endpoints or devices, which may be labeled as "Endpoint Management" or "Device List." Most FortiClient versions offer an export option that allows you to save this list as a file, often in CSV or Excel format, which can be easily accessed and used for reference or analysis. If you encounter any difficulties during this process, it's advisable to consult FortiClient's official documentation or seek assistance from their support resources for specific guidance relevant to your version.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors