Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
nmilot
New Contributor

Expired IBE Users - admin intervention

Not a big problem, but I'm trying to get an understanding for future cases.  I'm running 5.3.9 on a 400C. We had a user who says she has received secure mail from us before, but then couldn't.  She had a recent secure message in her inbox.  Wen she tried to click on the link to retrieve the message she would receive a "Failed: access denied" message. 

I jumped in the fortimail and saw her account was in a pre-registered state had expired.  I deleted it, sent her a new secure message, she was able to register again, and all was well.  We have had the fortimail system for a few years now and I've never seen this before.

I opened a ticket with Fortinet, they claim this is normal behavior.  They say it is completely normal for an admin to have to go in and delete an expired account.  This seems ridiculous to me and I don't think it is accurate.  My problem is, I don't have any accounts to test with right now.  We have the pre reg expiration set to 30 days and the active accounts set to expire after 180 days.

Anyone had any experience with this?  I've attached a screenshot of the error, I cut out the url for my system.

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors