Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
burghdude
New Contributor

Endpoints With Active FortiClient Malware Protection Marked as Non-Compliant in Microsoft Intune

We have FortiClient 7.2.0 Next-Generation Endpoint Security version (so including full antivirus / antimalware protection) deployed in our organization.  FortiClient shows as the registered antivirus security provider in Windows Security Center on the endpoints.

However, in Microsoft Intune, the devices are marked as Not Compliant due to an antivirus solution not being detected on the endpoint.

Has anyone encountered this or know what need to be done for Intune to recognize FortiClient as a valid endpoint antivirus solution and therefore consider the devices as being Compliant?

5 REPLIES 5
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello burghdude, 

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Jean-Philippe - Fortinet Community Team
Jean-Philippe_P

Hello,

We are still looking for an answer to your question.

We will come back to you ASAP.

Thanks,

Jean-Philippe_P

Hello burghdude,

I found this document in relation to your question:

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.0/android-administration-guide/325709/configuring...

Can you tell me if it helped you or if you need further assistance in which case I will find an engineer to assist you?

Kindest regards,

burghdude

Hello Jean-Phillippe, and thank you for the response.

Unfortunately, that article does not seem to apply to the situation that I'm encountering, as it pertains to Android devices, whereas the systems that I am having issues with are Windows-based devices.

It is odd, because when examining Windows Security Center on the Windows client endpoints, they seem to recognize FortiClient as a valid security software solution, but Microsoft Intune does not seem to recognize that FortiClient is protecting the devices.  It's possible that this is a shortcoming or deficiency of Intune itself, I suppose.

Thank you for looking into this issue.  Our organization will likely be migrating from FortiClient to Microsoft Defender as our endpoint protection solution by the end of the year, so this issue can now be considered closed.

Thanks - Craig

Jean-Philippe_P

Hello burghdude,

Thanks for your answer and explain your issue. Do not hesitate if you have further questions.

Kindest regards,

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors