Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
dan_newcombe
New Contributor

Endpoint management server (ems) is actively blocking this forticlient from registering

This has happened twice now.  We have remote clients who receive

"endpoint management server (ems) is actively blocking this forticlient from registering"

from the Forticlient (6.2.6) when they try to register to our EMS server.  Other clients with the same release, also remote, have no issues.  

The one last week, I believe that the fix was to reinstall the Forticlient because in that case, they had an older version.  But the person today has the same version as everyone else.   Reinstalling (and even RemoveFTCID) did nothing but extend the trial period of the VPN.   

What is really annoying is I can find NOTHING on the EMS server to help figure out what is going on.   The logs are happy to tell me about how well it's syncing up our AD users via LDAP.  But there is nothing at I can find for this client in question.

So any idea where to even start on this?   Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
dan_newcombe
New Contributor

Looks like random reddit post was actually truthful.  In the 6.2.6/6.2.7 release notes is

606466 "FortiClient registration was blocked by Endpoint Management Server (EMS)" message occurs when FortiGate is in Telemetry list.

No idea what that means, why it's only affecting a couple clients, or where to find more info on this.

papexa

users are reportedly facing issues citing unable to send their text messages as message blocking is active. Here we provide you info about troubleshooting message blocking is active issue on both iOS and Android devices. Here is the solution for the errors like ‘unable to send message message blocking is active and others.

dan_newcombe

Never found anything to resolve this.   But we did work-around.   Working with support, one step was to delete the machines from EMS and re-add them, however the machines were not showing there.   The machines are stand alone machines - not on the domain.  One of the more problematic ones was joined to the domain and has not had issues since.

It appears that EMS does not play well (or understand) a mix of domain based computers and workgroup based ones.  

FYI - these workgroup ones were at home for remote access and at the time we felt that was the easier path for end users - a local account that auto-logged in, and didn't expect for this C-19 issue to go on for this long!

Just putting this out there in case anyone else ends up in the same situation...a semi-answer.

kewimpu

Here is some info about troubleshooting message blocking is active issue on both iOS and Android devices.

Message blocking active
Jimbo1147
New Contributor

I am having the same issue with 6.4.6.

Most of my clients register without issue (429 out of the 460 or so we have deployed to)

I currently have about 30 that will not register no matter what I do.

I have verified that they are in an AD container which is managed.

Verified Network

Uninstalled/Re-installed

Worked with support and am no closer to an answer.

network360_2021
New Contributor

we can check the  logs whats happening for that we have to simulate same issue again .

1. remove issue reported client from  EMS 

2. Set log level on the EMS to debug

3. collect Fcmdaemon log to verify registration data logged by the EMS

for changing EMS log level to debug - (version 6.2 EMS ) System settings-->logs--->log level .

to get fcmdaemon log goto EMS server -->installed folder (program x86)--->Fortinet--->ForticlientEMS--->run FcmDaemon.exe --->to get log same folder fcmdaemon[date,time].log  (download logs to computer )

please collect both logs and verify , log collection should run while simulating issue again then only we will get proper logs

Thanks,

Network360

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSQUIhnEgz2-6JP_ykhIMUw

HULKFish
New Contributor

What worked for me is unchecking Enable Management on the EMS.  I then Disconnected the Telemetry GW and set the Telemetry GW on the FC and the FC then connected.

BaQeR
New Contributor

Verify if the name of PC is "excluded on mangement" on the liste of endpoints

Wordgamer22
New Contributor

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this encountered the "Message Blocking Is Active" error on your iPhone, it could be due to several reasons. Here are some potential solutions you can try:-

1. Check Cellular Network:-

-Ensure that your iPhone has a stable cellular network connection. The error may occur if you have     a poor or no cellular signal.
2. Check Account Status:-

-Verify that your wireless carrier account is active and in good standing. If there are any issues with     your account, such as outstanding bills or account suspension, it may lead to message blocking.
3. Restart iPhone:-

-Sometimes, simply restarting your iPhone can resolve temporary glitches. Turn off your iPhone,         wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
4. Update Carrier Settings:-

-Make sure your iPhone has the latest carrier settings. To do this, go to "Settings" > "General" >           "About." If there is a carrier settings update available, you will be prompted to install it.

5. Check Message Settings:-

-Verify that your message settings are configured correctly. Go to "Settings" > "Messages" and             check settings such as iMessage, MMS, and message forwarding.
6. Contact Your Carrier:-

-If none of the above solutions work, it's advisable to contact your wireless carrier's customer               support. They can check the status of your account and provide specific assistance based on your     carrier's policies.
7. Reset Network Settings:-

-Resetting network settings can sometimes resolve connectivity issues. Go to "Settings" >                   "General"  > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings." Note that this will reset Wi-Fi passwords and             other network-related settings.
8. Check for Restrictions:-

In "Settings," go to "Screen Time" > "Content & Privacy Restrictions" and ensure that messaging apps are not restricted.
If the issue persists after trying these steps, it's recommended to contact your wireless carrier's customer support for further assistance. They can investigate account-specific issues and provide guidance tailored to your situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuCbAp1xHYw&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors