Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
joelb
New Contributor

Email notification - Automation Stitch

I have a stitch that sends an email notification once my last action (backup command) has finished, i'm using %%results%% parameter in email body to include the result from my last action.

This is my stitch:

joelb_0-1665242272055.png

This is email action config:

joelb_1-1665242329875.png

And i´m getting something like this in the email:

########## script name: autod.11 ########## ========== #1, 2022-10-08 04:00:22 ========== Fortigate_1 $ execute backup full-config sftp /path/filename.conf X.X.X.X:22 username password Please wait... Connect to sftp server X.X.X.X:22 ... Please wait... Connect to sftp server X.X.X.X:22 ... Send config file to sftp server OK.

¿Is there a way to just add the results and not the command itself in the email? I don´t want to show in email notification the username and password used to run the backup.

1 REPLY 1
AlexC-FTNT
Staff
Staff

Simply put: no.
But I think you can create a separate notification script based on the log entry associated to config backup. Something like:

Automation 1 > Backup config via script (sftp).

System log generated > check log ID

Log ID >  trigger for Automation 2 > "send email"

- Toss a 'Like' to your fixxer, oh Valley of Plenty! and chose the solution, too00oo -
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors