Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
pieciaq
New Contributor III

EMS 7.0.2 + FortiClient 7.0.2 invalid certificate

Hi,

can I use Forti Client 7.0.2 with EMS 7.0.2 when had disabled:

"Use SSL certificate for Endpoint Control" because of older FC 6.4.6 still in use.

It will no generate any issues?

In EMS 7.0.2 Release Notes I see:

"If Use SSL certificate for Endpoint Control is enabled on EMS, EMS supports the
following Forti Client (Windows) versions:
l 7.0.2 

If Use SSL certificate for Endpoint Control is disabled on EMS, EMS supports the
following Forti Client (Windows) versions:
l 7.0.0 and later"

so if "7.0.0 and later it means it will work with no problems when accept invalid cert?

Piotr$
Piotr$
1 Solution
peisenberg
Staff
Staff

Hello @pieciaq 

Thank you for your query, let me try to answer you :

"Use SSL certificate for Endpoint Control"   because of older FC 6.4.6 still in use  It will no generate any issues? >>
Yes, you can use  EMS 7.0.2 with disabled option. There should be no issue with FCT 646
IF you enable this option FCT 646 will not be able to connect but FCT 702+ will be able to connect even when no public certificate is configured in your ems. (accept invalid cert) 

Does this give any sense ? Do you need more clarification ? 

Pavol

TAC

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
peisenberg
Staff
Staff

Hello @pieciaq 

Thank you for your query, let me try to answer you :

"Use SSL certificate for Endpoint Control"   because of older FC 6.4.6 still in use  It will no generate any issues? >>
Yes, you can use  EMS 7.0.2 with disabled option. There should be no issue with FCT 646
IF you enable this option FCT 646 will not be able to connect but FCT 702+ will be able to connect even when no public certificate is configured in your ems. (accept invalid cert) 

Does this give any sense ? Do you need more clarification ? 

Pavol

TAC
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors