Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
g_aertssen
New Contributor

Dual WAN LoadBalancing, force servers to use specific WAN-connection and IP address

Hi, I wish to use WAN Link Load Balancing on the Fortigate 200d but I also need some servers to use a specific connection and external IP addresses in order to function. Link Load Balancing is working, and i'm also able to force servers to use a specific address, but not both.  I created Virtual IP’s and Dynamic IP Pools to force the servers to use specific external IP addresses. This works, however if I add the second WAN interface to “ System --> Network --> WAN Link Load Balancing”, the connection goes down for servers with the option NAT --> Dynamic IP Pool configured. How can i force specific servers to use only the primary (or secondary) WAN-link and thus basically disabling load balancing for those servers only ? Kind regards, Guido

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_FTNT
Staff
Staff

VWL does not support Virtual IP.

You may set up like below on V5.4, PC11 will always go out from specific interface (VLAN_EXTERNAL).

config system virtual-wan-link     set status enable     set load-balance-mode measured-volume-based     config members         edit 1             set interface "VLAN_EXTERNAL"             set gateway 192.168.70.1             set volume-ratio 40         next         edit 2             set interface "vlan_190"             set gateway 192.168.90.48             set volume-ratio 10         next         edit 3             set interface "vlan_pppoe"             set gateway 192.168.210.99             set volume-ratio 53         next     end     config service         edit "out"             set member 1             set dst "all"             set src "pc11"         next     end end FG800C3912800675 (vdom1) # dia firewall  proute list list route policy info(vf=vdom1): id=4278190080 flags=0x30 tos=0x00 tos_mask=0x00 protocol=0 sport=0:0 iif=0 dport=1-65535 oif=44 gwy=192.168.70.1 source wildcard(1): 192.168.1.11/255.255.255.255 destination wildcard(1): 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

TheJaeene

Well,

I´m still dreaming of a simple "per Firewall policy" nexthop Feature.

Two WAN Links with several IP Adresses and PolicyBased Routing / Virtual WAN Link ist still a PITA with Fortigates.

@Guido: I faced the same problem and I hoped the the VWL feature would be smart enough to map the chosen SNAT IP pool to the corresponding WAN IF....  [&:]

Mr. Xie forgot to take the virtual Router documentation with him when he left Netscreen

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors