Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
mesanay
New Contributor

Does Fortninet support HotSpot/PPPoE authentication to external Radius?

Dear all,

I am quite new to the Fortinet firewall. Hence, please pardon me if my questions are novice and vague.

However, I have some experience with other firewall appliances such as Cyberoam.

I have a specific task to perform. We have a set of Wireless Access Points each running with a separate Vlan. Say we have 6 APs consisting of 6 Vlans (500 to 505).

What I want to accomplish are the following:

(1.) All 6 Access Points will be terminating in a trunkport of a switch. 

(2.) From a trunkport of the switch, I want to connect it 3 Access Points (Vlan500 to Vlan502)  to one of the trunkport interface in the Fortinet.

(3.) From another trunkport of the switch, I want to connect the remaining 3 Access Points (Vlan503 to Vlan505) to a 2nd trunkport interface in the Fortinet appliance.

(4.) Can the Fortinet serve as a DHCP server for each of these Vlans, say 192.168.100.0/24 for Vlan501, 192.168.101.0/24 for Vlan502 and so on.

(5.) Also I would want Hotspot authentication to an external Radius server from the 1st trunkport of the Fortinet. 

(6.) Likewise, I would want PPPoE authentication to an external Radius server from the 2nd Trunkport of the Fortinet.

(7.) After authentication with an external Radius server, can I apply user policies on each user?

Any help and suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sanay

0 REPLIES 0
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors