Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
BlueP
New Contributor II

Disconnection issue

Hello Team,

please I need your assistance on an urgent case, as recently, we have installed fortiAPs on our network, and all things are good but some users are facing an issue that the connection on their laptops keeps disconnected for 30 sec to 1 minute and then it returns to connect again, which affecting their work and productivity, has anyone faced this issue before

8 REPLIES 8
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hi BlueP

Which firmware versions are you using?

Keep in mind using the mature/recommended versions is always the good solution for almost all issues.

AEK
AEK
BlueP
New Contributor II

AP:231F
FW: 6.4.7

sakuraju

Hello BlueP, Is FAP 231F also on 6.4.7?  FOS: 6.4.7 is old and would recommend to upgrade to the latest.

Muhammad_Haiqal

Hi @BlueP ,

May i know if the issue happend to:
1. Anyone connected to that 1 FortiAP.?

2. Only specific PC that connect to that 1 FortiAP?
3. Or it happend to any user that connect to that FortiAP?

Is FortiAP and LAN user sit on same VLAN? If the issue only happend to FortiAP and LAN is good, most likely FortiAP configuration issue. DHCP, Ip conflict, VLAN, etc.

haiqal
adelineana
New Contributor

Certainly, network disconnection issues can be frustrating. Check for possible interference, update firmware, and review configurations on FortiAPs xiaomi

marcoperson_250
New Contributor II

Same issue my friend faced when he was doing https://community.fortinet.com/t5/Support-Forum/Disconnection-issue/td-p/295082python course and he did that step i hope this is helpful for you

• In fortiAp disconnection issue 
  • Make sure the users have the latest wifi
  • Check out the fortiAp logs for any notification regarding it
  • Adjust the channel and frequency
  • Examine the network for interference sources.
  • Confirm the DHCP setting for IP conflict. 
robibbi
New Contributor

The problem of losing network connection can be frustrating. You can Check fortiAp logs for any messages related to it disney songs

BlueP
New Contributor II

this is the logs and the issue is occuring randomly, Forti TAC is investigating as they have not know what is the issue?
Action client-disconnected-by-wtp
Reason Deauthenticated because sending STA is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors