Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
FlavioB
New Contributor III

Disable LED?

Hello everybody. Is there any way to disable the status LEDs on FAP221B Access Points? Thanks and regards, Flavio.
5 REPLIES 5
selvam_FTNT
Staff
Staff

It is not available on regular firmware. May I know why you need to disable LED.
FlavioB
New Contributor III

Hy selvam. It' s a feature which is available for example on Cisco Access Points and in some installations I need to have no lights on the access points. Regards, F.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

Those FortiAP units are pretty much " dumb units" and from what I can tell (from connecting a console cable to troubleshoot one that failed) they only contain a sub-set of commands and the firmware is actually compressed, which is expanded during the boot process. Any configurable settings would have to be stored on the wireless controller (e.g. a Fortigate unit), though peeking at the MR3 handbook/CLI documentations there doesn' t appear to be any reference to LED controls. If it doesn' t invalid the warranty -- your best option would may be to paint the LEDs with nail polish or some sort of weather-proof paint.

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C

NSE4/FMG-VM64/FortiAnalyzer-VM/6.0 (FWF30E/FW92D/FGT200D/FGT101E/FGT81E)/ FAP220B/221C
FlavioB
New Contributor III

Hy Dave. On which model did you connect a console cable? On the 221B there' s only Ethernet and Power :-) I will check if I can paint those LEDs off :-) Regards, F.
Dave_Hall
Honored Contributor

We have several 220Bs (indoor model), which do have a console port on them. I wouldn' t be surprised if you crack open a 221B to find a console port or solder pads for one, somewhere on the circuit board.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors