Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
kkowalsky
New Contributor

Deploying full FortiClient (iOS) with configuration?

I need to deploy the full Forticlient iOS app (not just Forticlient VPN) to a few hundred iPads.

I'm trying to find a way to input the EMS connection info without having to track down each individual iPad and enter it manually.

Jamf has options for appconfig, plist, and a few other options, but I can't find any documentation on Fortigate's support documentation mentioning support for any of this. This seems like a massive oversight, so I'm hoping someone has an answer as to how to push the Forticlient configs to these devices.

4 REPLIES 4
Stephen_G

Hello,

Thank you for using the Community Forum. I will seek to get you an answer or help. We will reply to this thread with an update as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Stephen - Fortinet Community Team
btan
Staff
Staff

Hi,

I suppose JAMF documentation does not include SSLVPN config. VPN config is push from EMS, iPhone FortiClient will get config from EMS. You can configure it by following https://docs.fortinet.com/document/forticlient/7.0.8/ems-administration-guide/29925/ssl-vpn. From FortiGate side, https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.2.3/administration-guide/371626/ssl-vpn

Is this what you looking for?

Regards,
Bon
kkowalsky
New Contributor

Not quite. I'm looking for a way to configure the Zero Trust connection to the EMS without needing to input that manually on each device.

kkowalsky

@Arhum65 wrote:
  1. App Deployment via MDM: In your MDM solution, upload the FortiClient app and configure the necessary settings. This typically involves creating an app profile or configuration profile with the required parameters.

Correct. This is what I'm looking for. I have found no way to create a configuration for deployment from my MDM. Fortinet seems to have no available documentation on creating configurations for the app other than the SSLVPN. Once I have a config, I'm aware of how to push it using my MDM. As for creating the configuration, if you can tell me how, that's what I'm after.

Labels
Top Kudoed Authors