Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
buccy
New Contributor

Deep SSL Inspection with NPM? (NGINX Proxy Manager)

I have two different setups that I'm trying to figure out setup for SSL Deep Inspection. The first setup is what I have and the 2nd setup is what I'm going to. How do I make Deep SSL Inspection work for this. I'm using NPM to acquire the certs via Let's Encrypt for these items. On the 2nd setup, I want to use a physical box with NPM on it and put it in a DMZ so I'm no longer exposing the host so much.

Hoping the following picture helps explain. Am I think about this correct and How do I make this work with Deep SSL Inspection and my users don't get SSL Errors?

omegle xender
1 REPLY 1
AEK
SuperUser
SuperUser

You can do deep inspection and WAF on FGT, and in the same time FGT supports ACME with letsencrypt.

https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/7.4.3/administration-guide/822087/automatically-provisi...

But if you want to do it with NPM I believe you can find how to do on the NPM documentation and forms. In that case FGT will do nothing except forward HTTP/HTTPS traffic to NPM via VIP.

AEK
AEK
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors