Support Forum
The Forums are a place to find answers on a range of Fortinet products from peers and product experts.
brhunt
New Contributor

Deep Packet Inspection statistics

Hello,

I was working with a FortiNet engineer a while back and while he was bouncing around the GUI he showed me a graph that showed how many packets were being scanned with DPI (versus total packets).

I have never been able to find my way back to that graph. 

Does anyone know how to display any kind of t DPI statistics?

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt

5 REPLIES 5
gfleming
Staff
Staff

Was this on the FortiGate or on FortiAnalyzer?

Cheers,
Graham
brhunt
New Contributor

Graham,

I *believe* that it was on the FortiGate itself.  But it was a while back, so not positive.

The "end in mind" is to just prove to myself (and the customer) that DPI is actually opening encrypted packets and inspecting payloads.  Has to be a way to do that, right?

Thanks.

Bryan Hunt

gfleming

To be honest I'm not sure of any graphs that show packets scanned with DPI vs not. Perhaps some other members know the answer.

But if youre just trying to show DPI is working you can check other places as well. On the client browser you can verify the certificate that is used to protect the connection. It should show your internal cert if DPI is active.

Cheers,
Graham
brhunt

Thanks Graham, I'll give that a try.

I'm starting to believe that it might have been on a FortiCloud Summary Report.  Top Application Categories, unscanned packets.   

gfleming

Ah yes that makes a lot more sense. Pretty much anything can be turned into a report. Glad you sorted it out.

Cheers,
Graham
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors